The 2022 Quad Cities Marathon merchandise is now online!
The TBK Bank Quad Cities Marathon, a USATF Certified and Boston Qualifier course, captures the essence of our nation’s heartland with its consistent connection to the Mississippi river and Midwest charm. This fairly flat and fast course features some of the finest and most beautiful river views in the country. With a redesigned logo and brand new merchandise for 2022, shop the range now. Spend $60 on official merchandise and help yourself to a free neck gaiter worth $10.
The majority of the range is made with recycled plastic bottles, helping keep the 2022 Quad Cities Marathon carbon footprint to a minimum. Here are some shocking stats on plastic pollution, and more reasons why we’ve partnered with Quad Cities Marathon to provide recycled apparel.
- More than 8 million tonnes of plastic enter the oceans every year.
- Around 60 million plastic bottles end up in landfill each day.
- In the US, we send more than 38 billion water bottles to landfill sites every year.
- That’s equivalent to 912 million gallons of oil.
- 100,000 animals die from plastic entanglement each year.
- Plastics set to release more GHG emissions in the US than coal by 2030.
- It takes over 450 years for a plastic bottle to decompose.
Scimitar are expanding our mass participation event expertise across the USA, partnering with some of our most established marathons and cycling sportives. We work with events to commercialize and maximize all revenue streams, providing a full service from ecommerce and event branding to event shops and sustainable merchandise.